firstname.lastname@example.org | (215) 453-9145
This premium decoder tester provides an easy way to test and program your decoder prior to installation, or perform diagnostics.
Included on this tester:
The TCS decoder tester is mounted on four soft rubber feet. The TCS decoder tester sets up in seconds with the simple attachment of track power via screw terminals. Our tester is 100% compatible with any command station
Connections included for your decoder:
Connect a DT-AUX board for even MORE connections!
1. Power Connections — Connect the output of your command station here.
2. Jumper Pins — Use the supplied jumper to connect the center pin and the right pin for any decoder which doesn’t use the NEM651 connecter. Jumper the left pin and the center pin for decoders with the NEM651 plug.
3. 8-Pin NMRA Plug — Pin 1 is in the lower right corner.
4. NEM651 Plug — Pin 1 is on the right.
5. Screw Terminals — Use these for hardwire decoders or attaching the Decoder Tester AUX board.
6. Next18 Connector — Pin 1 is on the upper left.
7. MTC 21 Pin Connector — Index pin is on the bottom left. See reverse side for more information.
8. PluX22 Pin Connector — Index pin is in the middle on the left.
9. TCS 21 Pin Connector — Index pin is on the bottom left. See reverse side for more information.
The DT-AUX board adds a JST9, MC JST, FL2 JST, and a WOW101 Auxiallary connection to your decoder tester. Plug this board directly into the screw terminals of the Decoder Tester and you will have a complete, plug in decoder test setup.
Decoders which use the MTC 21-Pin connector use external transistors to turn on functions 5 and 6. All current WOW121 decoders support this interface.
This is an outdated standard that is no longer employed on WOW121 decoders. Only use this connector for WOW121-Steam decoders purchased before May 15, 2017.
Pair with a decoder tester aux board (DT-AUX) for added convenience when connecting decoders.